Have you ever thought of purchasing a tractor and you don’t know which to buy? Your search has come to an end. It is undeniable that a tractor has a great impact on human social development.
As you might guess, the Farmall 300 is packed with exclusive features. In addition to its right choice of implements, it can be flexible and also produce outstanding results.
It is magnificent for small fields, and gardens or for the homesteader who just needs to do some light work around the house. As you read through, you will find everything you need to know about the Farmall 300. This includes the overview, specs, and pros and cons. Just don’t stop reading.
Overview of the Farmall 300
The Farmall 300 is a series of agricultural tractors produced by International Harvester by the Farmall division from 1954 to 1956.
In the first place, it was only available in a Standard and a Wide Front model. The Standard model features a six-cylinder petrol engine, while the Wide Front model utilizes an eight-cylinder petrol engine.
However, due to the rise in demand, it was made available in a gasoline engine model. The gasoline model is available in both the Standard and Wide Front models. It is in line with the six-cylinder engine that produces over 30 horsepower.
Furthermore, it is made available with a wide variety of attachments and implements. The most common attachments during the first production period were the harrow, plow, and cultivator. In addition, it was also made available with a front-end loader and a backhoe.
There is no doubt that the Farmall 300 is a very popular tractor among popular collectors. It is also popular among antique tractor enthusiasts. It is made available in three different engine sizes, row-crop, standard, and high-crop.
It has a strong engine and a strong transmission system. It also has a sliding gear transmission with one reverse gear and five forward. Similarly, it also makes use of a partial power shift transmission with two reverse and ten forward gears.
Farmall 300 Tractor Specifications
|Length||Tricycle: 3,450mm (136.0in)Wide front: 3,550mm (139.8in)|
|Weight||2,430 kg (5,357 lbs.)|
|Wheelbase||Tricycle: 2,340mm (92.2in)Wide front: 2,430mm (95.7in)|
|Fuel tank capacity||64.3 liters (17 US gal.; 14.1 Imp. Gal)|
|Cabin type||Open operator station|
|Rear Hitch||IH Fast Hitch|
|Rear PTO speed||540 rpm|
|Engine model||International Harvester C169|
|Engine type||Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, inline|
|Displacement||2.8 L, 2,769 cm2, (169.0 cu·in)|
|Bore and stroke||90.0 mm X 108.0 mm (3.54 in X 4.25 in)|
|Coolant capacity||15.6 L (16.5 US. Qt, 13.7 Imp. Qt.)|
Chassis and transmission
|Transmission type||5-speed Sliding gear10 speed partial power shift|
|Gears||Five forward and one reverse|
|Speed||26.0 km/h (16.2mph) forward 5.0 (3.1mph) Reverse|
Farmall 300 Pros and Cons
The Farmall 300 is one of the most sought-after tractors. It was one of the first tractors to feature a cab. It has continued to be an excellent choice for individuals looking for a dependable tractor. Here are some of the pros of the Farmall 300.
- It is comfortable: The Farmall 300 is designed with the operator in mind. In addition to that, it also features a spacious cab that is perfect for long days on the farm. The Farmall 300 helps you carry out more tasks on the farm easier.
- It is operative: The Farmall 300 is a workhorse tractor that is capable of handling any task you throw at it. It can carry out different activities more effectively. In essence, it doesn’t go through any temporary failure as long as it is well maintained.
- It is affordable: Even if the Farmall 300 is one of the best choices for operators, the price is very much affordable. Unlike other tractors, the Farmall 300 is reasonably priced and inexpensive. It is made affordable for all users who want to make the best use of it.
- It is efficient: the Farmall 300 increases performance and carries out activities faster on the farm. This is because it makes good use of its time and energy by carrying out tasks more rapidly.
As much as the Farmall 300 is reliable and powerful, there are still some major drawbacks. Moreover, you should consider these potential drawbacks before making your purchase.
- It is one of the heaviest tractors in the market. This makes it difficult to maneuver around tight corners or in tight spaces.
- It is not compatible with new attachments.
- For sellers, it is only for those in the mid-sized market.
- It is not as powerful as some of the other mid-sized tractors in the market.
- It doesn’t have as many features as some of the other models in the market.
- It runs loud
The Farmall 300 helps to carry out activities more effectively. It is the most desired tractor among operators.
Now that you have known this, if you’re looking for a tractor that is good enough to get your work done, the Farmall 300 is the perfect one for you.