What is the Toughest Tractor Ever Made?
The toughest tractor ever made goes to the US-made tractor “Case IH Steiger/Quadtrac 620,” an extraordinary machine of incredible 692 hp.
This tractor uses chain drive and weighs over 52,910 lbs. Its tank can contain 500 gallons which translates to about 15 full bathtubs.
Here, I will be showing you the full details of Case IH Steiger/Quadtrac 620, the toughest tractor ever made.
Case IH Steiger/Quadtrac 620 posses a 16-speed, full powershift Steiger transmission that reduces fatigue, and produces smooth shifting over a long distance.
Also, it features larger gears and clutch packs that remain efficient while transmitting over 682 peak horsepower to the ground for large-scale farming.
Power Shift Transmission
The power shift transmission is efficient and contains:
- Diesel Saver Automatic Productivity Management (APM) promotes better fuel efficiency.
- 16 forward speeds for better power transfer
- 9 gears to ensure productivity is maximized within the working range of 3-8 MPH
- Power Shuttle Shifts (forward and Reverse)
- Shuttle Capability which is about 6.5 MPH / 8th Gear
- Ground-level filter service
- Oil level sight gauge to ease up daily inspection of the fuel tank.
Case IH Steiger/Quadtrac 620 posses: Four independent driven positive-drive tracks (oscillating tracks) that help to offer better floatation and traction in the field, and avoid compaction.
Row Crop Application
Case IH Steiger/Quadtrac 620 posses a narrow frame which gives you a better ride and provides greater support to the ground. In addition to the narrow frame it possesses, it features a thicker and heavier steel frame and longer wheelbase that boost the performance of the tractor.
- How To Test A Voltage Regulator On A Tractor
- Are Tractors Manual Or Automatic?
- Can Tractors Be Stored Outside?
- Who Makes Farmtrac Tractors?
- How To Engage PTO On John Deere Tractor
Case IH Steiger/Quadtrac 620 possesses the highest hydraulic flow that equates to that of the biggest air seeders and plants in the agricultural field.
- It has eight hydraulic remote valves in which 113 gallons flow through every minute within 20,000 pounds of hitch-lift capacity.
- The pump isn’t separate and does not require a different system, thereby making it easier to inspect and monitor.
- It possesses an electronic precision remote and quick-connect valves that help in stabilizing the precise flow and pressure even in extreme situations – it improves the adaptability of the tractor to the different changing conditions of the day.
Steiger tractors as whole posse:
- Massive axles can carry 66,000 pounds of operating weight. This is the highest weight any tractor can carry. This means that your Steiger tractor can work with the biggest farm implements and cover a very large area of land that other tractors won’t be able.
- Posses a frame built of 1/2-inch thick steel and a built-in weight longer.
- Steiger 620 Model posses a 5.5-inch axles and 18-bolt hubs
Steiger Quadtrac 620 features:
- Four individually driven, oscillating tracks that give you better ground support that a two-track or rubber tires can never reach. This gives you a perfect balance between efficiency and productivity which you can’t get anywhere else. This goes ahead in ensuring you get better traction and minimizes slippage cases. Also, you get better flotation and reduced compaction.
- An exclusive Quadtrac positive drive design that aid the delivery of greater usable power
- Lugs that are interlocked with bars on the drive wheel and track. This ensures you get a smooth ride even on a wet or slippery spot.
- Positive drives which automatically adjust under transport or light loads that reduce friction heat, and wear which increases durability.
- An efficient system ensures more power is supplied to the soil, leading to a reduction in the ground pressure, producing a more agronomic seedbed.
The wheelbase of a Steiger Quadtrac 620 is between 148 to 160 inches, thereby allowing each track to have better ground contact that enhances the transfer of power to the ground. In addition to the enhanced transfer of power to the ground pressure, it improves comfortability in riding and ensures reduced compaction.
Enhanced traction leads to reduced compaction that is achieved by minimizing slippage on the soil surface.
Operating the Steiger Quadtrac 620, you will not experience ridging and berming in turns. Also, each of the track drives oscillates up and down up to 10 degrees to ensure stable ground contact regardless of the soil nature. As such, seeds planted here grow very well because their roots can easily go deep into the soil to draw nutrients.
Steiger Quadtrac 620 is the only factory-integrated drive system that exists in its sphere.
The technology of the Case IH Steiger Quadtrac is superior in the industry. It may surprise you to know that the Case IH Steiger Rowtrac tractor’s four-track, positive drive system is the only factory-integrated drive system of its kind globally.
Steiger Quadtrac 620 provides the opportunity to maximize high-yielding crops through independent, equal-sized, oscillating tracks. It is the best tractor for both productivity and efficiency.
Specifications of the strongest tractor ever made
|Model||Steiger 620 Quadtrac (2014-Present)|
|Advertised Engine Power, Rated, hp (kW)||620 (462)|
|Maximum Engine Power, hp (kW)||682 (509)|
|Rated Engine Speed, rpm||2100|
|Power Boost, hp (kW)||62 (46)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity, gal (L)||470 (1779)|
|Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) tank capacity, gal (L)||85 (322)|
|PTO Horsepower, Basic / Optional Transmission, hp (kW)||473 (353)|
|PTO Speeds, rpm||1000|
|PTO operational Type (Independent; Live; Continuous)||Independent|
|Engine Make||Case IH FPT|
|Engine Model||12.9 L, Two-Stage Turbo|
|Number of Cylinders||6|
|Displacement, cu in (L)||787 (12.9)|
|Engine Bore, in (mm)||5.31 (135)|
|Engine Stroke, in (mm)||5.91 (150)|
|Block Design, Replaceable Liners||Wet liners|
|Aspiration, Turbocharged or Naturally Aspirated||Two-Stage Turbocharged, Inter- & Aftercooled|
|Fuel System Description||High-Pressure Common Rail|
|Fuel System Control, Electronic or Mechanical||Electronic|
|Fuel Injection to the combustion chamber, Direct or Indirect||Direct|
|Emission and Exhaust Treatment|
|Emission Level, US EPA Tier||Tier 4B / Final|
|Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) w/Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)||SCR w/ DEF|
|Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR)||No|
|Cleanup Catalyst (CUC)||CUC standard|
|Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)||DOC standard|
|Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)||No|
|Exhaust Pipe, Vertical stack, or Horizontal||Vertical stack|
|Fan Drive Type||Hydraulic fan drive|
|System Rating, Volts||12 V System; 24 V Start|
|Alternator Rating, Amps||240|
|Basic Transmission Configuration|
|Manufacturer’s Description||16F x 2R Full Powershift|
|Transmission Type||Full powershift|
|Number of Forward / Reverse Speeds||16F / 2R|
|Maximum Speed Forward, mph (kph)||25 (40)|
|Creeper Range Available||No|
|Drive Wheels or Tracks; 2WD, 4WD, 2WD / 4WD, 2 Tracks or 4 Tracks||4 Tracks|
|Steering Configuration: Front Steer, Frame Articulated, or Track-type Steer||Frame Articulated|
|Rear Axle Assembly|
|Final Drive Location and Description||Planetary & Planetary Drop Gear|
|Axle Output End, Flange, or Bar||Flange|
|Axle Bar Diameter, in (mm)||No bar axle|
|Suspended Front Axle Available||No|
|Service Brake Type||Wet disc|
|Hydraulic System Type||Pressure Flow Compensated|
|Main Hydraulic Pump Type||Single pump std; TwinFlow opt.|
|Implement Pump Flow, gpm (Lpm)||42 (159)|
|Optional Pump Flow, gpm (Lpm)||57 (216); 113 (428)|
|Number of Standard Remote Valves||4 std; up to 8 total|
|3-Point Hitch Features|
|3-Point Hitch Category||Category 4N Quick Coupler|
|Optional Hitch Category||No option|
|Draft Sensing or Lift Control||Three Position, Lift, Hold, Lower|
|Draft Link Ends Telescopic||Quick Coupler|
|3-Point Hitch Lift Capacity|
|Standard Lift Capacity 24 Inches behind the pin, lb (kg)||19,728 (8949)|
|Optional Lift Capacity 24 Inches behind the pin, lb (kg)||No option|
|Standard Lift Capacity at lift pin, lb (kg)||Np|
|Optional Lift Capacity at lift pin, lb (kg)||No option|
|Drawbar Description||Category 4; Cat 5 opt.|
|Wheelbase / Trackbase|
|Wheelbase, 2WD, in (mm)||No 2WD|
|Wheelbase/Trackbase, MFD/4WD or Track, in (mm)||154 (3912)|
|Length, 2WD, incl. Hitch/Drawbar, in (mm)||No 2WD|
|Length, MFD/4WD or track, incl. Hitch/Drawbar, in (mm)||Np|
|Height to Top of Cab, in (mm)||Np|
|Height to Top of ROPS raised, in (mm)||No open ROPS|
|Width w/Tires or Tracks|
|Overall Width, with standard wheels or tracks, in (mm)||Np|
|Weight (w/Tires or Tracks)|
|Weight, 2WD w/ROPS, lb (kg)||No 2WD|
|Weight, MFD/4WD w/ROPS, lb (kg)||Track, No MFD; No open ROPS|
|Weight, 2WD w/Cab, lb (kg)||No 2WD|
|Weight, MFD/4WD or Tracks w/Cab, without ballast, lb (kg)||48,780 (22126)|
|Weight, Total allowable, w/maximum ballast, lb (kg)||64,000 (29030)|
|Tire / Track Size|
|Front Tire Size, 2WD||SeeTrack Size|
|Front Tire Size or track Width, MFD/4WD or Track||30 to 36 (762 to 914) Rubber Track|
|Rear Tire Size or Track Width||30 to 36 (762 to 914) Rubber Track|
If you have a big field, and you want to achieve productivity and efficiency, the best choice of a tractor is the Case IH Steiger/Quadtrac 620.
With this tractor, you rest assured that your farm goal for the year is on its way to completion.